This policy discusses what information the site collects, how we use it, and the limited circumstances in which we may share it.
What isn’t covered by this policy?
If you want to submit an opt-out request to remove yourself from the search results of this and other people search sites we operate, please click here. This link will take you to our opt-out service, which is powered by PeopleSmart. We will try our best to honor your request.
If you choose to opt out of search results, that choice may affect the visibility of the relevant information on our entire network of sites, which includes this website, Peoplesmart.com, Identity.com, and other affiliated properties. We try our best to honor your request, but our opt-out system is not perfect and it may miss records that don’t perfectly match the information you submit.
Your Public Records Exist Elsewhere In The World – We Do Not Control Them
This site displays public records that are available in the real world, such as criminal history records from law enforcement agencies and bankruptcy records from courts. Original copies of public records can only be changed by those entities. Inflection obtains its public records through third party sources. Please note that exercising the opt-out option will not actually delete or change the original copies of such records.
Note: If you consent to the release of your information via another Inflection product or service (e.g., a background report on Goodhire.com), your public records will be shared for the purpose you specify.
Your safety and privacy are very important to us
We want to minimize the risk of harm resulting from use of public records information. Please contact us if you are particularly at risk for certain types of harm as a result of your public records being available on this site. Inflection will work with you on mitigating the risk of any potential harm, including physical harm, threats to public officials such as law enforcement, and issues related to identity theft. Please send your request to our Privacy Department at email@example.com along with appropriate documentation or call us at 1-800-779-5962.
We Collect Information Related to Your Account and Identity
Registration is optional on this site. Registering makes certain features available to you. When you register for an account, we may collect the following information from you:
- Your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number
- Username and password
- Communications related to customer service requests
We Collect Information Necessary for Payments and Other Products
If you choose to purchase a report or subscription on this site, we may collect and retain information to complete the purchase and prevent fraud.
You can buy reports on this service by entering your payment information, including your credit card information, name, email address, and physical address. For processing payments, we use systems that are compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). All payment and transaction-related information is safely stored according to PCI DSS requirements.
If you choose to use one of our communication relay services (for example, our email relay or postal relay services), we will collect your message content, as well as your relevant contact information for return correspondence. Please note that your contact information (e.g. name and email address or name and mailing address) will be shared with the person you contact through the relay service.
Information We Collect From All Visitors
Technical and Analytics Information
We collect technical and analytics information from all visitors. This information includes your IP address, the URL that brought you to the site, and information about your device and browser.
When you visit this site, we may collect information about which pages you visit, who and what you search for, and the products you buy.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
This site makes use of tools such as cookies to collect various types of information about your activity and computer while you use the website. We only use information collected in the background to deliver and market our service - information collected by cookies and other tools is not used to augment our search results.
The methods we use to collect technical and analytics data include the following:
- Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Inflection.com, Inc., our affiliates, and our analytics and service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking your movements around the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by our service providers on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
- As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include your internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or your clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve the services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
- We partner with third parties to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third-party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads. To learn more about these practices, and about how to opt out of certain advertising, you can visit the Google opt-out page, and the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out system.
- Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 to collect and store information.
- Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing content stored locally using HTML5.
- Social media integration. The site includes social media features operated by third parties, such as the Facebook Like button. These features may collect your IP address and other information about your browsing activity, including the page you are visiting on our site. The information those services collect is subject to their respective privacy policies.
How We Use The Information We Collect
Your information is only used to provide and market this service for visitors and registered users, which includes operating the website, remembering your preferences, conducting in-house research, preventing fraud or abuse, marketing to you products or services offered by us, and to communicate with you and address your concerns.
We Only Share Your Information in the Following Situations
With Your Consent: We may share your information when you give us permission.
Deidentified and Aggregated Data: We may share or disclose information we collect after deidentifying and aggregating it so it cannot be linked back to an individual person. We contractually require third parties to respect this practice.
Fraud and Abuse Prevention: We partner with certain third party vendors to prevent fraud and abuse. When you make a purchase, we analyze your payment information and unique device identifiers (including, but not limited to, IP address, geographical location, browser and operating system settings) to identify suspected fraudulent activity and block it. We may share information associated with activity flagged as fraudulent (including, but not limited to, payment information, email addresses, and unique device identifiers) with our security partners or law enforcement for further investigation.
Legal Process and Emergency Circumstances: We may disclose or preserve for future disclosure your information if we believe, after due consideration, that doing so is reasonably necessary to protect Inflection's rights or property or to comply with a law, regulation, valid legal process, or to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person.
If you are a law enforcement officer seeking information from Inflection about one of our users, please reference our Law Enforcement Guidelines for further information.
Unless prohibited from doing so by law or court order, we will do our best to provide subjects of law enforcement requests with advance notice before we disclose their information to law enforcement, if we have contact information for that person. We reserve the right to withhold advance notice where it would impede an investigation of identity theft, or in situations involving imminent physical harm or harm to minors.
How We Retain And Protect Your Information
We retain all of the information we collect or that you submit for purposes including fraud prevention, legal compliance, and to resolve disputes or enforce our agreements. If you use your account to opt out of public record searches, we will do our best to suppress your records from our people search products, in accordance with our opt-out policy.
Your information is stored on secure servers in Northern California. While we use acceptable industry-standard practices to protect your information, we cannot and do not guarantee that your information will be absolutely secure. Here are a few other steps we take to protect your information:
- We implement technical measures to prevent unauthorized access, and keep security patches and software up-to-date
- Employee access to your information is restricted and audited
- Sensitive personal information is stored in encrypted form
- All personal information is encrypted during transfer (for example, when providing credit card information)
Choices And Other Privacy Information
Access and corrections
You may use your account to access, correct, or change any personal information you have provided to us or associated with your account. You may also email our Privacy Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to promptly respond to your request.
Deleting Your Account
In the event you want to delete an account that you have created, which includes your customer registration information, please contact our Privacy Team at email@example.com. For information about opting out of our public records search records, click here. We will do our best to promptly respond to your request.
We may send you information about our products, notices regarding your account, and other messages related to this and other services we own, including marketing emails. You can unsubscribe from commercial emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in those emails, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the email address you wish to unsubscribe from, or by calling 1-800-779-5962. Please note that you may still receive account and billing notices from us, if applicable.
California’s ‘Do Not Track’ law
When you browse our website, we may use trusted third-party tools to analyze website usage, monitor performance, and prevent fraud. This site does not currently respond to browser settings such as Do Not Track. Third parties, such as our fraud prevention tools, may also collect personally identifiable information from you.
California Information-Sharing Disclosure
We do not share your personal information that you submit to us with third parties for direct marketing purposes without your permission.
This site is not directed to individuals under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we discover that we have collected personal information on a child under the age of 13 via this site, we will promptly remove it from our systems.
We are located at 555 Twin Dolphin Drive #200, Redwood City, CA 94065. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us:
P.O. Box 391146
Omaha, NE 68139
Effective Date Of This Policy: January 27, 2016