Effective Date: July 7, 2014
We collect some information that is personal (i.e. information that identifies you, either alone or in combination with other data.) We also collect information that is non-personal and does not, on its own, identify you. When non-personal information is combined with other information so that it does identify you, we treat that combination as personal information.
When you register for an account to use FreePhoneTracer.com, we may collect the following information:
- Your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and password
- Your birthdate
- Content that you create (also known as user-generated content)
Registration is optional. However, if you choose not to register, certain features may not be available to you. Once you register with us and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
While registration is free, if you choose to purchase certain additional services and products, we may collect the following personal information:
- Credit card or other billing account information
- Billing address
- Transaction-related information
- Fraud prevention information (see Fraud and Abuse Prevention)
In order to provide certain services, we may collect additional information from you.
- When you search for a person using our website, we collect a log of your searches.
- If you wish to enhance your search results using information from third-party services such as Facebook or LinkedIn, we may ask you to give us authorization to access information about you stored in those third-party services.
- To use our identity protection products, we may ask for the following personal information:
- Your legal name
- Your current residence
- Your Social Security Number
- Knowledge-based authentication questions that only you would know
Technical and Analytic Information
We automatically collect technical and analytic information from both registered users and anonymous visitors to our website. We generally treat this information as non-personal. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- Your IP address
- The referring link that brought you to our website
- The browser and operating system you are using to access our website
- Data that we may have previously stored in cookies on your computer
- Which pages on our website you visit
Services You Authorize
When you give us authorization to access an account you have on a third-party service such as Facebook or LinkedIn, we use a protocol called OAuth to access your information. We will never ask you to give us your password for a third-party service.
Social Media Widgets
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Cookies. We may set and access our cookies on your computer. FreePhoneTracer.com uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate the site and log in to your account. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. We use persistent cookies to track usage of our site to improve your experience, and to remember your preferences. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” directory. Learn more about cookies. You may disable cookies in your browser settings, but your ability to use some areas of our site will be limited.
- Web Beacons. Our third party partners employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), images, and scripts that help them better manage content on our site. We do not tie the information gathered to our Customers’ or Users’ personally identifiable information.
- Flash Cookies. We use Flash cookies (also known as local storage objects or LSOs) to store content information and preferences. Third parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site, prevent fraud, or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, may use LSOs to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please click here.
- Log Data. Your browser automatically sends certain data that is recorded by our servers every time you interact with this website, including your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, and search terms.
We use the information you give us to:
- Operate and improve our website, products, and services
- Understand you and your preferences, which helps us to enhance your experience on our website
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service
- Provide and deliver the products and services that you request
- Conduct research to improve the quality of our products and services
- Send you information related to your account, including confirmations, invoices, security alerts, updates, confirmations, and support and administrative messages
- Protect our users against fraud and abuse
- Communicate with you about new products and services offered by Inflection and our selected partners
Technical and Administrative Controls
- Your information is stored on servers in physically secure locations
- We implement technical measures to prevent unauthorized access, and keep security patches and software up-to-date
- Employee access to your information is restricted and audited
- Sensitive personal information is stored in encrypted form
- All personal information is encrypted during transfer (for example, when providing credit card information)
For processing payments, we use systems that are compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). All payment information is safely stored according to PCI DSS requirements.
While we use acceptable industry-standard practices to protect your information, no computer system or Internet communication is ever completely secure or error-free. As a result, we cannot and do not guarantee that your information will be absolutely secure.
We do not share, rent, or sell your information except in the limited circumstances described below:
With Your Consent
We will share your information when you give us permission; for example, when you use a third-party web client to access your account, or when you give us permission to make information public.
Within the Inflection Family of Products
To Provide Certain Services
Public, Anonymous and Aggregated DataWe may share or disclose information that is non-private, anonymously aggregated, or otherwise non-personal.
Fraud and Abuse Prevention
We partner with certain third party vendors to prevent fraud and abuse. When you make a purchase, we analyze your payment information and unique device identifiers (including, but not limited to, IP address, geographical location, browser and operating system settings, and device ID) to identify suspected fraudulent activity and block it.
When we detect suspected fraud or abuse, we may share information associated with that particular transaction or event (including, but not limited to, payment information, email addresses, and unique device identifiers) with our security partners or law enforcement for further investigation.
Legal Compliance and Harm Prevention
We may preserve or share your information in the following circumstances:
- When required by law, regulation, or legal request such as a warrant or subpoena
- When we believe it is reasonably necessary in urgent situations to protect the well-being or safety of any individual
- To address fraud, security, or technical issues
- To protect Inflection’s rights or property
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve targeted ads when you visit our website. These companies may use non-personal information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
While we do not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted advertisement, you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the advertisement (for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.)
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please click here.
Access and Choice
You may use your account to access, correct, or change any personal information you have provided to us or that is associated with your account. You may also email our Privacy Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
We may send you information about our products, notify you of any changes to your account, or send confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, and marketing emails.
If you would like to stop receiving newsletters and marketing emails from FreePhoneTracer.com, please provide us with the email address you would like to unsubscribe by emailing email@example.com or calling 1-800-779-5962. Please note that you may still receive account and billing notices from us, if applicable.
California Do Not Track Disclosure
When you browse our website, we may use trusted third-party tools to analyze website usage, monitor performance, and prevent fraud. All analytics and performance data collected by third-party tools is anonymous. We may use these tools regardless of whether or not you enable the Do Not Track setting in your browser.
Fraud prevention tools may collect personally identifiable information regardless of whether or not you enable the Do Not Track setting in your browser; however, this data is used specifically for fraud and abuse prevention and will never be used for marketing purposes.
California Information-Sharing Disclosure
We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own use without your permission.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
FreePhoneTracer.com complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) where it applies to our information collection practices. This website is not directed to individuals under the age of 18. We do not actively or knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we discover that we have collected personal information on a child under the age of 13 without proper consent, we will promptly remove that information from our systems.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 1-800-779-5962, or writing to us at:
ATTN: Privacy Department
P.O. Box 391146
Omaha, NE 68139